I Read, Therefore I Am – Festive
Readers of the world unite . . . and visit St. Petersburg this weekend.
The 13th Annual St. Petersburg Times “Festival of Reading” takes place this Saturday, October 29, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m., at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg, 140 Seventh Avenue South - Bayboro Harbor, Downtown St. Petersburg.
Authors include Bob Andelman, Raymond Arsenault, Carl Hiaasen, Sue Ellen Cooper, R.L. Stine, Candace Bushnell, Jeff Klinkenberg , Doris Kearns Goodwin, Jim Lehrer – and many, many, more. For a complete list of authors, click here.
Festival events include:
* Author talks & book signings
* Themed panels, featuring authors, book critics and journalists
* Children's “StoryLand” featuring story-telling, entertainment, arts & crafts
* Music, poetry and theater presented on open-air stages
* Marketplace with booksellers and exhibitors
* Food court
Note to Lightning Lovers: Bring a new children’s book and drop it off at the Publix Books 4 Kids Donation Tent and receive two ticket vouchers for the Lightning vs. Hurricanes game on Dec. 26 courtesy, of the St. Petersburg Times. All books benefit Community Pride Child Care, Inc. and the YWCA Family Village. Limit two ticket vouchers per person only while supplies last.